The ELCNS is excited to announce the revitalization of selected modules and the development of new professional learning opportunities in response to topics identified by Nova Scotia educational leaders in the Winter-Spring of 2021-2022. As part of our Leadership Success Plan, we will be offering the following professional learning opportunities throughout the 2022-2023 Academic Year:
- Restorative Approaches in Schools, Revised - This 2-day module explores a restorative approach in schools with particular attention to its potential to fulfil our commitments and priorities to inclusion, belonging, equity, and well-being and will focus on the knowledge, skills and capacity needed to lead and support a restorative approach.
- Supporting Student Achievement and Well-Being through the Nova Scotia Inclusive Education Policy - This is a 3-day module that will provide a "look back" at the history of Inclusive education in Nova Scotia to provide background to the importance of the recent Inclusive Education Policy as the anchor that guides our practice in schools today, and a "look forward" to examine research-based best practices for our classrooms and schools.
- Promoting Student Well-Being through Health Promoting Schools - This is a 3-day module that will critically explore concepts and topics related to individual, school and community health and will provide a foundation for creating a flourishing school employing an HPS approach.
- Coaching for Quality Instruction - This module will involve 3 days of learning on instructional coaching based in classrooms and is designed to close the knowing-doing gap of instructional coaching. Participants will engage in real time classroom observations and instructional coaching sessions and will learn to use four instructional coaching tools.
- Insights Discovery - This is a tool built to help people understand themselves, understand others, and learn how to enhance collaboration and relationships that affect them in the workplace. The Insights Discovery methodology uses a simple and memorable four colour model to help people understand their style, their strengths, and the value they bring to the team, and to apply their learning to effectively connect with others and improve team productivity.
Each participant will receive a unique and in-depth Discovery Personal Profile. Insights Discovery is a one day in-person interactive workshop and can be designed for individuals or intact teams. Participants will complete a brief online evaluator prior to the session.
For further details on each of these professional learning options, please see the pdf attached brochure .