Position Title - Coaching Coordinator (August to February)
Details - This position coordinates course 3: Coaching for Instructional Improvement and a two-day summer learning institute for participants prior to beginning the course.
This course is decentralized and done within the school environment as a job embedded learning experience. When necessary, the course content is moved online outside of school hours to complete the requirements.
The Coaching Coordinator: is responsible for all aspects of this course including: hiring, training and supporting Coaches, organizing schedules, instructing within the coaching program, following up with participants, providing timely and specific feedback on the coaching learning logs, organizing the summer learning institute and providing other duties as assigned to support the ILA Program and ILA Coordinator.
Transitioning will be supported by the retiring Coaching Coordinator.
Course Description for ILA Course 3 - The Coaching for Instructional Improvement course is a blended learning experience that includes course work, laboratories/workshops, and practicums. A distinctive element of the Nova Scotia Instructional Leadership Program is the Feedback and Coaching Lab™ workshops and the Artisan Teacher™: Introduction to Coaching summer institute intended to help instructional leaders learn to use descriptive and specific feedback for teachers focused on their teaching talents. Participants will learn and become proficient at four feedback and coaching techniques practiced in a school setting. Practicums include practice of the feedback and coaching tools, completion of learning logs, and reflections on the coaching process. The curriculum focuses on effective practice, theory, and research for culturally responsive instructional leaders.
Overview/Description of and Responsibilities associated with Position:
- Preparing schedule for coaching labs.
- Organizing materials.
- Hiring, training, and supporting coaches.
- Facilitating workshops at school sites and online.
- Using a wide range of evidenced-based instructional practices in planning, teaching, and assessing.
- Noting attendance and contacting participants if there is an absence and communicating make-up requirements.
- Assessment of assignments and practicum experiences and final portfolios/projects.
- Communicating formative assessment and summative evaluation results to students, along with written feedback.
- Assigning a final grade for each participant.
- Submitting final grades to ILA Program Coordinator, within 10 business days after the end of the course.
- Organizing and supporting all aspects of the summer learning 2 day institute.
- Liaising with the ILA coordinator regarding questions or issues that may arise.
- Regular check-ins with the ILA coordinator on how the course is proceeding, discussing any issues arising, etc.
- Providing feedback to improve the course.
- Providing reports on the course that can be used in newsletters and for the ILA Management Board as requested.
Reporting to: ILA Program Coordinator
Relevant Experiences and Qualifications:
- Previous experience teaching graduate courses at the university level or within the ILA program considered an asset.
- Graduate of the ILA program considered a requirement.
- Strong grounding in inclusive education principles.
- Relevant experiences leading and facilitating professional learning at the school and/or regional and/or provincial levels.
- Experience using online platforms to teach.
- Experience using information technology tools for teaching and learning.
- Experience using MOODLE is considered an asset.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
For additional information and/or details about the position:
How to Apply/Express Interest:
$1200 / coaching group $225.00 per student -additional remuneration for training, facilitation and expenses as required.
Deadline to Express Interest:
March 20, 2023, by 11:00 am